Aftercare Instructions for Microblading and Eyebrow Tinting
Please follow these instructions carefully to ensure that your beautiful new brows hold as much color as possible and do not get infected!
On day one, please wash (or wipe with a damp cotton pad) your eyebrow area EVERY HOUR with a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil. If you do not have a gentle cleanser please just use water. Please refrain from using any facial cleansers, soaps, or exfoliating scrubs on your brows for the next 4-6 weeks.
On days two through seven, keep eyebrows LIGHTLY glossed with Aquaphor. Please apply Aquaphor after every wash, or if you feel your eyebrows getting dry or itchy. Only a thin layer of Aquaphor is needed, as applying too much will delay the healing process.
- Do not use any products that contain Retin-A, glycolic acids, or peroxide for 4-6 weeks. If you must use these products, use them on the lower and middle parts of your face ONLY. After 4-6 weeks, use these products near your brow area at your own discretion as they WILL cause pigment loss.
- Do not scrub or pick at your eyebrows. Doing so will cause your skin to lose pigment very quickly!
- Avoid facials, eyelash extensions, brow waxing, swimming, hot tubs, or saunas for the next 7 days after your microblading procedure.
- Do not exercise for the next 3-5 days after your microblading appointment.
- Please do not apply ANY makeup to your eyebrows for at least 7-10 days after your procedure.
- Do not tint your eyebrows for at least 10 days after your procedure.
Once your eyebrows are healed, please be sure to use sunscreen whenever you are out in the sun for an extended period of time. Prolonged sun exposure will cause fading of pigment. Please also refrain from getting laser hair removal near your eyebrows, as it can cause the pigment to darken, lighten, or change color.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF PIGMENT
What to expect after microblading or eyebrow shading procedures:
- Slight swelling, thickness, and/or redness for 1 -2 days following the procedure.
- You may lose approximately 1/3 of the pigment during the healing process. This is completely normal and can be perfected during your 8 - 10 week touch up.
- After the initial procedure, the color of your eyebrows will appear to be a shade too dark. In 6 - 7 days, the color will appear too light. In 10 days to two weeks, the color will return and take on it's final shade.
- Above all, please be patient with the healing process. Healing can take up to 30 days.